This practice plans to offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print detailed coded information held in their own records. We are working closely with our clinical software providers to develop appropriate systems for patients to request online access to their detailed coded records using a method that is secure and safeguards the best interests of the patient. We aim for this to be completed by 31st March 2016.
This date is subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the practice.
We currently offer the following facilities for patients:
- to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
- to view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient
We will publicise and promote our online services to our practice’s patients through the practice website, practice waiting room leaflets, posters and the Patient Participation Group by 31st March 2016
||Ensure staff are made aware of these
- Train relevant staff for patient records access, e.g. receptionists
- Review any nationally provided support material from RCGP/NHS England
|March onwards 2016
||Agree an initial small group of patients to access coded information from their records
||Prepare promotion and information activities for patients
||Publicise online services to patients through posters, website and PPG
||January 2016 onwards
The practice may not be able to offer online access due to a number of reasons such as concerns that it could cause harm to physical or mental health or where there is reference to third parties. The practice has the right to remove online access to services for anyone that doesn’t use them responsibly. It is Little London Surgeries practice policy not to give access to anyone under the age of 16. Unless under special circumstances.
For more information about keeping your healthcare records safe and secure, you will find a helpful leaflet produced by the NHS in conjunction with the British Computer Society:
Keeping your online health and social care records safe and secure http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/healthrecords/Documents/PatientGuidanceBooklet.pdf